2007 to November 2012
- Created Entire Department Taxonomy for New Website Version.
- Launched New Website Version with New URL Structure Without Loss of Ranking.
- Helped Create a Launch and Redirect Strategy for New Website Version.
- Created Strategy for Dynamic SEO Meta Data for All Category, Brand, and Product Pages.
- Worked with Buying, Creative, and Developers to Create Online Buying and Outdoor Guides.
Entrusted to learn all about SEO. Work with web development, copy writers, and rest of web marketing team to increase ranking and conversion with Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search engines.
SEO Specs for New Website
Define URL, meta data, and on-page SEO requirements including specifications for new development. Responsible for testing new SEO development.
Proficient with Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Bing Webmaster Tools. Also proficient with other tools including BrightEdge and SEOmoz rank tools.
Fully trained in Google and Yahoo paid search interfaces. Audit paid search campaign. Ran 2 week test to prove additional resources in paid search would be cost effective.
E-Commerce Website Manager
2002 to 2007
- Online Sales Surpass $200 Million Annually.
- Opt-In Email Names Surpasses 1 Million Subscribers.
- Help with Creation of Independent Online Marketing Department.
- Internet Customer Service Integrated into Main Customer Service Department.
- Managed 15 People.
New Website Versions
Led internal web design team on website revisions. Coordinated between the web department, programmers, marketing department, customer service, IT, the buying department, and administration to ensure all demands were understood and met.
Wrote specifications for new website features and enhancements. Worked closely with in house design team, internal programmers and external programming company.
Integration of new email servers, email list growth, email list management, email targeting, segmentation, and deliverability.
Web Department Manager
Managed designers, marketing, and web operations, Photoshop specialists. Responsible for new hiring within the department. Managed up to 15 people.
Customer Service Integration
Helped develop protocol and train customer service representatives to handle web related customer issues. Met with customer service department weekly.
3rd Party Payment Services
Oversaw implementation of Google Checkout, PayPal, and Bill Me Later. Ensured all requirements specified and met.
Tested majority of new development.
Website Designer / Manager / Marketing
1998 to 2002
- Designed and Managed Sierra Trading Post's First E-Commerce Website.
- E-Commerce Became Leading Sales Channel After 2 Years.
- Developed Idea for Product Display Using Photos and "Invisible Man Technique".
- Created and Launched First Email Marketing Campaigns.
- Started First Email Customer Service Correspondence.
Designed first website including homepage, department pages, product pages, and checkout.
Worked closely with programming company to integrate backend legacy systems including product information, inventory controls, customer registration, and order processing.
Developed new email marketing program which would eventually grow to over one million opt-in email addresses. Involved with list generation, name removal, and customer categorization for email targeting.
Responsible for early web marketing including merchandising and creating web ads. Later used internal ad serving software for customer targeting.
Started first email customer service correspondence which eventually led to a 24 hour chat, email customer service regiment.